Friday, September 30, 2016

Diary Entry due Monday!

Diary Entry

Assignment: Select one of the myths we have worked with in class and write a diary entry in which you explain the thoughts of one of the main characters. You may try to explain his or her actions, or add some details not included in the original story.

Voice: 1st person, informal voice (school appropriate).
Length: 1 to 1 ½ pages

Suggested myths/characters:

(It’s recommended that you choose a different myth from your newspaper article)

Persephone/Demeter
Dionysus
Prometheus/Epimetheus
Io
Europa
Uranus/Cronus
Hera
Pentheus
Metaneira

Dear Diary:

I am so worried that I don’t know what I’m going to do. This morning I was out picking flowers with some of my friends when I heard a terrific galloping and clashing behind me. I hardly had time to turn around when I saw a shadowy figure of a man in a chariot. He stooped to pick me up, and even though I was screaming for help, he took me down to the underworld. I soon figured out that it was Hades who had abducted me and taken me down to his palace…